Prayer parties come in all shapes and sizes, united by the intention to glorify God and unleash His power in our lives. An Open Door party gives you the opportunity to invite the women in your life into your home to share a time of prayer.

We've added a blog to stay connected between parties and share our adventures. Write to us and let us know what is happening in your life!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Encouragement


Encouragement comes from all areas. God's Word is an encouragement to us, and I've learned that the verse that tells us that it's powerful as a two-edged sword, it's so true. Prayer is an encouragement. It reassures us that God is by our side 24/7 and He never leaves us, never forsakes us, and ALWAYS loves us. It's a stress reliever, letting God know that we absolutely can't do it and that we feel helpless and don't know where else to turn.People, though, are sometimes my favorite source of encouragement. Godly people, of course, and I'm careful who I get my advice from. I love to read the Bible and I love to pray, and lately, it's been a lifeline for me. I'm learning that it needs to be a lifeline everyday. Sometimes, though, verbal encouragement is what we need. Sometimes all we need to hear is that we're loved, prayed for, and appreciated.

People have done that in my life in the last week. So many ladies, and a few men, have loved me, hugged me, prayed for me and encouraged me, letting me know that I'm not completely crazy and that this storm will pass. God wants my allegiance, and He'll use all kinds of tests to see where my allegiance lies. I've concluded that God and Satan are battling and using me as a catalyst. Satan wants me, he sees me as a threat to his plan, but God wants me more and wants to use me for His grand plan. Life is a puzzle, and God sees the big picture. We are the pieces that He's using to put the puzzle together, and sometimes it's a struggle to know where the piece fits. We think it doesn't go anywhere, or it's just an extra piece. But God knows where the piece goes, and if we love Him and have accepted Him in our hearts, He's holding us and knows exactly where that piece goes. He's going to put it in its place, but not after a few struggles. Through it all, though, He's holding us and not letting go, even though we may have let go. His faithfulness is always true when ours flounders.

So thanks to you, those who have been an enormous encouragement to me; you know who you are. Live like there's hope, because there is. Jesus is our hope and inheritance and we have to hold fast to that when the dark clouds surround and we can't see the way out. Jesus is holding us, and we have to live everyday that there is victory, even when we can't see it.


Praise You in the Storm (Casting Crowns)

I was sure by now

God You would have reached down

And wiped our tears away

Stepped in and saved the day

But once again, I say "Amen",

and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls

I barely hear Your whisper through the rain

"I'm with you"

And as Your mercy falls

I raise my hands and praise the God who gives

And takes away


And I'll praise You in this storm

And I will lift my hands

For You are who You are

No matter where I am

And every tear I've cried

You hold in Your hand

You never left my side

And though my heart is torn

I will praise You in this storm


I remember when

I stumbled in the wind

You heard my cry

You raised me up again

My strength is almost gone

How can I carry on

If I can't find You

As the thunder rolls

I barely hear You whisper through the rain

"I'm with you"

And as Your mercy falls

I raise my hands and praise the God who gives

And takes away


I lift my eyes unto the hills

Where does my help come from?

My help comes from the Lord

The Maker of Heaven and Earth

No comments:

Upcoming Prayer Parties

  • 2/9/2008 Barb Reynolds - Focus: New church in West Springfield