Prayer parties come in all shapes and sizes, united by the intention to glorify God and unleash His power in our lives. An Open Door party gives you the opportunity to invite the women in your life into your home to share a time of prayer.

We've added a blog to stay connected between parties and share our adventures. Write to us and let us know what is happening in your life!

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Year, New Me?


So 2008 is here and I'm actually excited about it. I usually pass by January 1st without a glance, but this year something happened to change that.

A couple of days before ringing in 2008, I read over some pages in my journal from this time last year. I don't know what I was expecting, but it was definitly a shock to read my year-old entries and realize they could have been written the day before. Really, nothing has changed! I am still facing the same challenges I was last year, I haven't crossed a single "to-do-before-I-die" item off my list, and I am still single.

Now, I'm not a fan of change. I like the status quo. I have more blessings than most in the world, and I don't want to be greedy. At least that's what I tell myself. Because, let's admit it, change is scary. It's work. It's a whole lot of emotional energy and risk, without the guarantee of success. So the status quo has worked for me.

Until now.

I have decided that 2008 will be my year of change, for better or worse... scratch that, for better or best (probably a good idea to focus on the positive for now). It's the year that I'm going to let God do all the planning - my plans never seem to work out anyhow. It's the year that I will challenge myself, trust my God, and stop being lazy about my dreams. God gave us dreams for a reason, right?

So far, I've joined the gym, scheduled a day to go whale watching, and started praying for God to show me where He wants me to go from here. I'm lucky to have great friends to share my year with, and I can't wait to see what God is going to do in their lives. Join us in the adventure and write us here at Open Door to tell us what your 2008 is going to be like!

Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Upcoming Prayer Parties

  • 2/9/2008 Barb Reynolds - Focus: New church in West Springfield